Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Craft Time

I love crafts! I just started organizing my craft projects last week and realized how many I have bought, cut and prepared to finish. But these were put away because

A- I had ran out of time and I had company coming over, so I needed to clean up
B- I found out I was having a boy, not a girl like I had been preparing for and decided I should hold off on making all the little girls things
C-I'm going to have a girl at some point and so I should just buy and make them anyway so that I can have them ready when she finally arrives
D-Didn't realize how much work I was making for myself, and decided to go buy the finished project instead

So I called Dixie and told her we can't start any more crafts until I finish some of my old ones. She agreed because she is having the same problem. Later that day I decided to go to Porters to pick up some things for a baby shower I am throwing for my little sister next month. BAD IDEA!! I found an awesome fabric for making fabric paper dolls, which I think will be a great church activity for my girls, and while I was at it I decided to pick up extra to make a quilt. The quilt even has a little pocket on the back to put all the doll clothes in to go along with it! Then I bought even more fabric to make a few extra kits for Christmas gifts. Dang, now I'm in trouble!!

I LOVE FELT! Don't ask me why! I hated felt all my life and then when I made Ruark's Pinnochio outfit for Halloween I fell in love. Then I moved on to the felt food for Christmas, and now I have so much felt left over I need to start using it up! We got on the Internet and I found templates for quiet books, and a felt playhouse courtesy of Dixie. Now we have just as many pending craft projects as we have sitting in our closets!! I am really excited to start working on these projects, now that Ruark is playing by himself more and more I think I might finally have the time to start working on everything!

4 comments:

  1. YEA!! CRAFTS!! We need one of these..
    http://www.designmom.com/2010/04/craft-party/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick horse!!
    http://vintagechica.typepad.com/the_life_and_times_of_thi/2009/01/how-to-make-an-easy-stick-horse.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was about to send you the link for those quite books, but looks like you have the one I was going to send already! I can't wait to see all of your fun projects! I love crafting! Except for I think I did too many crafts over the past year and I kind of crafted myself out for a bit . . . or maybe it's just that it is getting warm outside and I want to go out and play! Wish we lived closer so we could craft together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we could craft together too, we'll have to figure out a way to do it long distance!!!

    ReplyDelete