Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Baby Shower Time

In a little less than two weeks I am throwing a baby shower for my little sister!! Ok technically, she's my sister-in-law, but she's the baby sister I've always wanted!! She is due May 25th and is going to have a boy, so for the past few months I have been preparing things to give her the baby shower she deserves.


Lucky for me I have a best friend who loves planning parties and crafts as much as I do! So we have been surfing blogs and craft sites for the past few months getting ideas. Here are some things we've worked on so far.
I wish you could see the invitation better because they are so pretty, I found the paper and envelopes at Artco, LOVE that store! For 50 invitations it was $5.30, amazing! I printed everything out here at home and I love the way they turned out, they are the prettiest baby shower invitations I've ever seen.

It says, "a little baby boy is on the way let's shower his mommy to "bee" before the big day"
There are two little bees at the bottom. There is an envelope at the bottom that hold the information for the diaper raffle. I had never heard of one until my little sister mentioned it to me. It's a great way to get a supply of diaper for new parents. I found a little poem that says, " to add a little extra glee and help the parents-to-"bee" please bring a little extra from the heart, an unwrapped pack of diapers to give them a good start" They can enter as many times as they like, each pack of diapers equals one name at the end, we put their names in a bowl and the winner gets a nice prize.



We tried our hand at a diaper cake, and I love how it turned out!! Have you ever seen a prettier diaper cake? It's up on my mantel being used as decoration until the shower.


These are a great idea, such a cheap way to get decorations. Tissue paper pom poms, they will hang from the trees to give some color. This is a picture courtesy of Designmom. I have even seen where they make small garlands out of the tissue paper pom-poms. For a how-to go to Martha Stewart

These will be the napkin rings, we used ribbon and buttons from the big bin at Porters to tie around the utensils for everyone's meal. Everything is yellow, orange and touch of black from the bumble bees that we're adding. Can't wait to have the shower. We're planning on having it outside I'm hoping the Idaho weather will cooperate! Those tissue pom pom's won't stand a chance against out Idaho wind!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the invitations!! I can't wait to see them in person! And to keep working on the pom-poms and button stuff. yay :) (do you think we are having more fun preparing stuff than sadie will have at the party?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we just might!! I can't wait to keep working on more things, we still have so much to do in the next 10 days! We still need to come up with a menu and figure out seating and all the fun stuff!! NOt to mention center pieces, ohh I get excited just thinking about the fun things left!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute ideas! It's gonna be such a fun shower!

    ReplyDelete