Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Garden

I am so excited this year to plant my garden, I've woken up in the night for the past few months having an idea of what I want to grow. Last year was our first real garden and we made a lot of mistakes. Such as not planting things that we really eat, so a lot of vegetables went to waste. We didn't thin out the plants and we didn't use any plant markers, so we didn't know what a lot of things were. One of our biggest problems was the weeding, because we just started our garden in a new spot this year, the weeds were OUT OF CONTROL! I'd weed for hours and come out the next day and it would be just as bad, so this year we're getting fertilizer that kills weeds in your garden YAY!

This year my garden will include:


Tomatoes ( for canning)

Cucumbers ( so I can make my own pickles)

Zucchini ( for zucchini bread, and casseroles)

Onions

Pumpkins (for Halloween and hopefully so I can can some pumpkin pie filling)

Corn (freezes great)

Peas ( freezes great)

Beans ( excited to can these too)


I also bought 50 raspberry plants last year that should be coming up and plan to add in blueberries and even some blackberries this year.


For my garden stakes I found this darling idea from JoAnn's...love that store...it seems really fast and easy and I love pretty things! Won't this make my garden so pretty!!!
If anyone has ideas of what more I can grow ideas would be greatly appreciated I want a really good yield this year!

1 comment: