Monday, April 19, 2010

Life with a boy

When I first got pregnant I thought, "I am meant to be a mom to girls." I love everything that has to do with girls. The ruffles, the ribbons, bows and curls. I dreamed about kittens and butterflies, we would play dress-up and have tea parties. Chase would make this fabulous doll house I have already designed. I would make her all kinds of dolls and head bands. I had 3-4 blankets already started for her, I had her name picked out for years. Her clothes were hanging in the closet and I was ready for her...

Week 18 of my pregnancy came and in we went for our ultrasound. We were sure it would be a girl...99.9999% sure it's a boy. I wasn't convinced, I still held out hope for a girl.

The pregnancy came to a close, out he came and my doctor announced "it's a boy" my heart swelled with joy, I held him in my arms and I knew HE was just what I wanted. I didn't care about all those frivilous things anymore, I finally had my baby.

Wow do plans ever change with a boy! When I knew we were having a boy, I was scared! I don't know anything about boys! I don't do trucks, I don't like playing in the dirt. Boys love mud and bugs and getting dirty. I do not. How would I raise a boy to be a strong man? To be prepared to be a worthy priesthood holder and serve a mission for the church? Ruark was born and all my worries flew away.

Summer is here, and I love being a mom to a boy!! Yes, I am constantly pulling rocks out of his mouth because he is chewing on them. Yes, I change his outfit probably three times a day because he's constantly getting dirty. I love playing with trucks and listening to his little boy truck sounds. I adore watching him use his Hanny Manny tools to try to fix things, like building his bed. I love running outside with him all day, chasing after him, playing swords with him. I love watching Chase play with him, to see all of his dreams unfolding of having a son. I love life with MY BOYS!
The other day we were outside burning our weeds, Ruark really wanted to play in the fire and we were having a hard time keeping him out of it. So I gave him the water hose and let him play with it. He put it in the dirt and started making mud. Then he piled the mud on top of his slide, keeping one eye out I watched him make a little mud pie...I giggled...then he started licking the mud pie!!!! Oh my heck, I cringed, I laughed, I ran for my camera and just missed getting a picture. But here is the aftermath!


The water was cold...
Getting angry he's wet...
Soaking wet!! We ran him in for a warm bath and a long nap...


I wouldn't change one minute of my life with my son, although I still dream about ribbons, bows and ruffles, I am happy to trade them in for swords, dirt and little boy truck sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment