Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

TIP: Next year give him less candy Grandma's!

Last night was Halloween and we had too much fun taking Ruark Trick or Treating. First I have to say I made Ruark's costume from SCRATCH! I'm so proud of how it turned out! I want to be the mom who makes the Halloween outfits, so I decided to try my hand at it this year and it turned out better than I could have imagined. I didn't have a pattern or anything, just started cutting! I can't wait for next year! Chase was Gepetto, Ruark was Pinocchio, and I was the Good Fairy who turned Pinocchio into a real boy. Chase had a "fat suit" under his clothes and he made the BEST Gepetto and Ruark was the cutest Pinocchio!
We went to see as many Grandparents as possible, they kept giving him suckers to suck on (paper still on). They forgot he has those little teeth and before we got out to the car he had bit through that wax paper and had some goodies :). Every kid is supposed to get sick from candy on Halloween night, it's only one night a year. Then we went back to our house for some 'Left for Dead' (only fitting to play a zombie video game on Halloween night, right?), pizza and time with friends. Our best friends had a little boy Alex last month and we can already tell our boys will be such good friends. I think they remember each other from the other side, I can't wait to see what good friends they will be! It's only fitting they are already getting along because as parents Ben and Dixie and us have such easy friendships. Here's a pic of the boys...Ruark loved seeing Alex laying in his bed he was standing on the ground laughing and reaching through the bars to get to him, Alex was laughing at Ruark too and grabbing his hand. Aww, they are too cute together! The funniest thing is how much little Alex resembles Ruark at that age! If you can believe it, he's growing even fast than Ruark did!

2 comments:

  1. Chase made an excellent Gipetto and I LOVE the pic of Alex and Ruark...Sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete