Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving

Next week is Thanksgiving, and we are so thankful for all the blessings we have! I have been having so much fun preparing for Thanksgiving this year. Here are a few fun Thanksgiving songs I grew up singing around Thanksgiving and now we sing around here:



There's a big fat turkey out on Grandpa's farm

and he thinks he's very gay

he spreads his tail into a great big fan

and he struts around all day.



You can hear him gobble at the girls and boys

for he thinks he's singing when he makes that noise

but he'll sing his song another way

upon Thanksgiving day

kkkl kkklll (sounds turkey's make when they die) :)





Second Song



Turkey turkey in the yard

you'd better run away

farmer dell will look for you

before Thanksgiving Day.



Do not gobble quite so loud

don't go near your pen

quiet down and hide your head

he'll never find you then.



Because I was so pregnant last year I missed out on all the yummy food because my belly simply couldn't hold it all! I'm eating my fill this year because who know if I'll be pregnant again next Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment