Thursday, May 13, 2010

He's a big boy now...


After 16 months Ruark finally decided he was done nursing. I love nursing, he loved nursing, it was such a bonding experience. I decided he would have to be the one to stop because I couldn't bring myself to be the one to say no. Chase would joke I would have to go to kindergarten with him. Finally the night of May 1st came and Ruark didn't ask to nurse, days went by and he never asked so he's done.
I'm feeling more like myself! I have more energy, I'm not hungry anymore, and I love not having huge boobs!!! I am dying to ride a roller coaster. Now of course you can ride one while you are nursing, but my hormones made my heart race even thinking about stepping foot into Lagoon. Now my hormones are back where they haven't been in over 2 years. I thought when I stopped nursing I would be ready for another baby because mine would be all grown up.
So not true, the only thing I can think right now is "am I ready to start all over again?" For the time being, no. Chase is excited to have me back enjoying the same things I used to and for now I'm going to take the summer and enjoy every minute!

1 comment:

  1. I have afeeling I'm going to be the same way! They even think that he might be allergic to milk, so I have had to cut ALL milk products out of my diet! It REALLY sucks, but I just can't tell him no when he wants to nurse, and he won't even TRY the formula samples they gave us. He is SO spoiled! But it will be nice to have my body back when he's done!

    ReplyDelete