Monday, May 3, 2010

Baby Shower

This weekend was the baby shower!!! I'm so glad to have it over with and be able to move on to more projects!! These are the winning prizes from the games we played. I gave everyone magazines and about 10 minutes to go through and pick out eyes, ears, hair, nose, all the facial features they think the baby will look like, the mother-to-be picked the winner!
The second game we played I had everyone guess how big they thought Sadie's belly is. I gave them ribbon and they had to guess, her sister was EXACTLY right! Good guessing!
These were the party favors, everyone took these home. They are cleaned out baby food jars that I filled with dirt and flower seeds. The seeds attract butterflies and hummingbirds. I wrapped them with ribbon, attached these cute bees I cut out at the craft store and covered the baby jar lids with scrap booking paper and mod podge :) A lot of work, but everyone seemed to love them.

Tissue paper, if I never work with tissue paper again it will be too soon!!! No it wasn't that bad, I just need a break from all the tissue paper pom-pom's we made. We strung them from our fan to make a chandelier. I LOVED it, I never wanted to take it down!


My beloved diaper cake! I loved making this cake!!





We had yummy food, this fruit salad looked SOOO good, unfortunately I am DEATHLY allergic to Kiwi fruit, so I was unable to eat it, but everyone else raved about how good it was. We also had yummy chicken salad sandwiches, green salad, chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting and lemon bars for dessert.


I bought these beautiful goblets and serving dishes from Wal-Mart. I love them, they are so pretty and went perfectly with the theme!






The pretty plates!



These are the silverware. We wrapped each silverware set with the buttons and ribbon we made, it looked so pretty. Some people took them home because they loved them so much :)



Our beautiful Sadie, so close to delivery!



She received so many wonderful gifts, the diaper raffle was a hit! Unfortunately I didn't snag any pictures of the prize. It included the "bee movie", treats and all kinds of goodies. In return, Sadie took home 13 packs of diapers!!! Wow what a great start!
I had many people ask if I was a professional party planner, which was a great compliment. I do love throwing parties and how I would LOVE to do it for a living!!! for now I am thankful to have had the opportunity to throw this shower for my sweet sister.
I feel so lucky she's even asked me to be in the room when she gives birth, and throughout her labor!! I am so excited, this will be the 3rd labor I've attended, not counting my own of course. I can't wait to throw another party and am looking for any kind of excuse for the next one!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Nicole! You are turning into quite the crafty chick! :D You're more than welcome to plan my kids' birthday party for me ;)

    ReplyDelete