Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Slumber Party

My sister Danielle and I have always been the best of friends. She wanted a baby sister so badly, she prayed for me every night for years. Finally I was born when she was 12 yrs old. I grew up with her being like my second mom, I babysat her kids growing up and still feel so close to them. Her youngest Elle and I are very close. I was there in the delivery room when she was born, I was just 16. She was the flower girl at our wedding at 2 years old. How fast the years have flown by!


Friends since the beginning. This is my darling niece Elle. She and Ruark are the best of friends, on the day he was born, she got herself showered, dressed and was waiting patiently for her mom to get home from the hospital (Danielle, was my birthing coach) so she could come and see her new cousin. They are so cute together. She calls to talk to him, and loves on him the entire time they are together.

Ruark had his first sleepover a few weeks ago. Elle came over and gave me a much needed break. She played with Ruark with all of his toys, read him books and chased him around all day and night. She bought Ruark that pop-up book with the money she had from Christmas, and now Ruark makes me read it to him at least 3 times a day!


We made Rice Krispie treats and played Dance Dance Revolution, her favorite, and had a great time. When it came time to go to sleep she slept in his room so she could be right there if he needed her :) Ruark giggled from his crib when he saw she was sleeping in the same room, he was so excited to have her stay a little longer.
When morning came, she got him out of his crib and was playing with him in the front room so we could sleep a little longer. Ruark cried when she left to go home. We are so thankful for our family!!! They enrich our life, especially our sweet Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment