Friday, February 19, 2010

Date Night

Our first date since having Ruark was Valentine's Day Eve. We were going to go out to dinner, but we had a late lunch and just weren't hungry. So we started out by going to the masquerade ball, and we had a blast dancing the night away with friends, and most importantly in each other's arms. We haven't been out alone since we had Ruark, who was 13.5 months. I never thought I would be the mom who wouldn't leave her kids, but yep that's me! I used to have an anxiety attack only thinking of leaving him, so back off I'm growing!!


After the masquerade ball we went out for ice cream all gussied up and then picked up our baby. Ruark stayed with Grandma for a few hours. He loves his Grandma and wasn't ready to go home when we got there, even though it was 10:30 he was running around after the puppies and was playing with all kinds of fun toys like the treadmill, printer and the wall heater. My son isn't a conventional child he LOVES electronics, if you give him a few minutes and he will have it figured out almost better than you do. Silly baby, slow down and stop growing up so fast.




We tucked this little boy in bed and finished off the night with sparkling cider and delicious chocolate covered strawberries. I was so thankful for a night out to remember how much we love one another and how much we still desire to be with each other. Chase is the most amazing father and husband I could ever ask for, he still exceeds all of my expectations. He wakes up in the night, almost every night Ruark wakes up. He rocks him back to sleep singing sweet tunes. I am grateful for him every day, but Valentine's was a great reminder just how much I love this wonderful man I call .... My Valentine.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you got a night out, it's so important~ hey is your hair red now?

    ReplyDelete