Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bronson's Miracle

A few days ago a friend of mine told me about this little boy from SLC (who is only a month and a half older than Ruark, so it really hit home for me) who drowned in the bathtub while his mother was just down the hall. Luckily his mother kept him alive while the paramedics were on their way. Yesterday I found the mother's blog she kept updated during the whole ordeal from her son's bedside in the hospital. As word of her blog spread, people from all over the world were praying for her son and sat vigil with her to read of his progress.


Bronson's Miracle


This blog is filled with faith, disappointment, fear and miracles. I feel enlightened, somber, overjoyed and reminded of how fast our worlds are turned upside down. It follows them through their darkest hours and through their greatest triumph. I would like to share this link to her blog. Mostly to remind us to stop worrying about small incidental things that can wait and to hold our babies a little closer at night. After finishing reading this blog, I snuck into Ruark's room while he was sleeping and held him for a few extra minutes. I gave thanks to our Heavenly Father and lifted up a hopeful prayer. I can't imagine going through this with Ruark, and I pray I never have to experience something so heart wrenching.

The sweet mother kept his alive via CPR, but had forgotten to plug his nose so he aspirated. I know I'm going to brush up on my CPR this week, I suggest we all do the same so we never forget this life saving practice if we are even called upon to use it. It was just a regular Saturday morning...

Click to go freshen up on your CPR

1 comment:

  1. I Have been reading the Stakers blog for a couple of weeks too! I was so happy when Bronson walked out of the hospital!! What a blessing and a joy for this family. God bless them.

    ReplyDelete