Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Potty Training!

This is an OLD photo, that Binky was taken away MONTHS ago. But we bribe him with the Ipod so he will sit there :)
I have been so excited to start potty training Ruark! We started back when he was 14 months and he did really well. He went 3 days without any accidents and then I realized that he was still too young to really understand the concept. So the diapers went back on. I told myself as soon as he turned two we were going to start again.


Last week he got his MMR shot and was feeling really yucky. There was no fever but he just whined and cried and wanted his diaper on. So we postponed for a week. Yesterday went AMAZING! He even went all by himself when I was doing laundry! Everything was going great until this morning, which I think was mainly my fault. The nausea settled back in and I asked him if he needed to pee and he said yes. So I took him in and gave him about a minute and took him off so I could run go get some yogurt. I set him on my bed and when I came back about 30 seconds later he had peeed everywhere. He kept saying "uh-oh" and when I pulled him off the bed he ran and sat down on his potty. I'm hoping day two picks up and does better! I am already ready for this part to be over, and I kinda wish I could postpone it again until the first trimester is done. One thing is for sure, he MUST be potty trained before I have out second baby. I don't want two in diapers!

So wish me luck, because I sure could use it!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! It is definitely frustrating, but so worth it. I said I did not want two kids in diapers, but ya...I ended up with it anyway. haha. I tried to potty train her before Eli came, but she just wasn't ready so I didn't push it. That is funny that he wet on your bedspread the first day because Adalee did the exact same thing! I was like, seriously? Of all places?

    I can't believe our babies are growing up :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going much better today, no more accidents except for the first one this morning! I can't wait to have him all potty trained and be done with diapers for a few months!!! I was pretty upset with him peeing on my bed, but I'll be more careful from now on!

    ReplyDelete