Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

Our own little Rudolph :)
He LOVED his tent and kept hoarding all of his presents in there.

I woke him up a little too early, I was excited to see him open his presents.

I put on a happy face when Christmas came. I did as much as I could, which I still feel like was not enough. I didn't make Christmas cookies, but luckily my sweet neighbor delivered us some as well as our other neighbors so we ended up with quite a stash of Christmas goodies.
Christmas Eve was stayed home, I was exhausted from the past few days of Christmas preparations and parties. I hadn't even wrapped ANY presents yet. Then an angel, my mom, flew in to save the day. Within an hour everything was wrapped beautifully with gorgeous bows and name tags and placed lovingly under the tree. I was emotional, it was such a relief.
Our usually traditional Christmas Eve dinner is homemade clam chowder...but seeing as how I'm allergic to seafood this pregnancy Chase made lasagna instead. It was delicious and we all retired to bed early. At 7 the next morning I couldn't sleep, I was so excited.
I woke Ruark up early and he was not happy about it, but he was so excited when he saw all his presents. We had a great day, it was so nice to have our sweet family all there with us. That night Sadie & Devin and William, Mom, Mark & the boys, Chase, Ruark and I all settled in for a delicious ham dinner will all the fixings and splurged. It was the most I'd eaten in a month! We finished the night with the Iona light show. A family puts on a HUGE light show every year, with their own radio station that synchronizes all of the lights. It was a perfect ending to our Christmas this year.
I am so glad Christmas is over and two days later my decorations were all down. Christmas was hard this year, especially feeling so sick. So many traditions and plans were put aside, craft projects are still in bags waiting to be finished. I guess it's a great way for me to get a jump start on Christmas 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful christmas! Guess what? The sweater outfit Ruark is wearing is what I blessed Eli in! How funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that! I love that little outift! Eli looked darling in it for his blessing. Your kids are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete