Monday, September 20, 2010

I hate motorcycles...


Did I ever tell you I hate motorcycles? I think they're dangerous, dumb and frankly 90% of my clients own one...Chase got a motorcycle from his dad a few months ago. He's been so excited but I've been a little apprehensive. We kept meaning to buy his a helmet, but he hardly ever rides it because we've had such bad weather so I didn't think too much of it when he went to leave tonight...the still small voice told me to remind him to wear a jacket and that he really shouldn't be driving it without a helmet for the umpteenth time. I however wanted to be the sweet cool wife and sent him on his way with nothing more than a kiss.


Half an hour later I received a call from Chase saying he'd been in an accident. His front tire blew out on a side street from 17th he lost control when he let off the gas and before he knew what was happening he was on his side sliding on the asphalt at 25mph. It happened right in front of a guy's house who was just pulling in he ran out and bandaged Chase up.


We took him to the Community Care. Luckily he doesn't have a concussion but he's pretty banged up and walked out with 9 stitches and a lot of road rash. Poor guy not only had to hear the lecture about wearing a helmet who knows how many times but I think just to make it sink in they bandaged him up with pink and purple, just to bruise his ego a little more...I think he looks a little like a roller derby girl :) We feel so blessed tonight, and we are so thankful for our guardian angels who watched over him. I sure don't know what I'd do without this man of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment