Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Potty Trained!


It's now been almost 2 WEEKS since Ruark had an accident. He is doing AWESOME! We love it! I'm so happy to not being doing diapers for the next 8 months! Let alone all the money we're going to be saving!
On Ruark's first day without accidents he was feeling pretty cool and decided he wanted to wear his leather jacket around the house all day...with no pants. He looked pretty cute and stylish :)
We celebrated with HOT FUDGE SUNDAES, and man were they good! This is my FAVORITE recipe for hot fudge and I thought I would share my family secret :)
Boil:
1 cup cream
1 cube butter
1 cup white corn syrup
Add:
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
(Whisk all these ingredients together before you add to the boiled liquid or else the cocoa powder will leave clumps)
Boil together until you get to a "soft ball stage" and then remove from heat and add
1 tsp vanilla
BEST HOT FUDGE RECIPE EVER. It hardens when it touches the ice cream but then goes chewy when it gets in your mouth, I hope you all enjoy!
***On a side note. This is also my no bake cookie recipe so if I have a bunch of hot fudge left over I throw in oatmeal, coconut, walnuts and marshmallows and I have cookies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment