Sunday, February 20, 2011

Girly Projects

I am LOVING the idea of having a girl! Even though our ultrasound isn't until March 15th, I still am dreaming of lace and ribbons and bows. I tried to tell myself to hold off and wait until mid-March to start projects but I couldn't! So many fun things to do and change so that I have things fit for a little princess. It started with the moses basket. I bought it so it could be used for a boy or a girl, thinking neutral was the way to go. While the idea was a good one, I'm ready to see pink in this house! So the ideas started churning and before Chase knew what was going on lace, fabric paper dolls, pink and well...MORE pink took over the office.
BEFORE:

I bought the bassinet when Ruark was 6 months old, and never had the chance to really use it more than just if I was cooking in the front room. I always wished it had a soft pillow for his head. So I made a pillow and pillow case...it wasn't girly enough!
So I added some lace and NOW I am satisfied!




This is the finished quilt. The back is minky so it's all soft and cuddly.



I can't wait to wrap her up and bring her home to something so cozy, warm and beautiful! Now everyone just keep your fingers crossed that it REALLY IS a girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment