Monday, July 5, 2010

Our House!

Two years ago I was halfway through my pregnancy with Ruark when I received a call from my sister. Her friend from work was selling his house and she told me I HAVE to see it. It was appraised for 260,000 and they were selling it for 200,000. I had no desire to leave our house on 11th street, we were just getting ready to paint the nursery, but my sister was insistent.



I followed my sister to what is now our home...Chase and I had driven down this same street and stopped at this very house and said how much we'd love to live here. They were just building it at the time and we were so disappointed. It was located in the area we wanted at the end of a cul de sac. We imagined how nice it would be to have our kids run and play here, but after a few minutes in front of the home we drove on and eventually bought our home on 11th street.

I pulled up to the house and I couldn't believe it was the same home. I walked in and it immediately felt familiar. It was so beautiful and we were in love. We went to the banks the next morning and we were immediately approved, unfortunately the market was slow and it took us nearly a year to sell our home, and it's been a year since that time waiting for the self-employment requirements to be fulfilled. We've been here for almost a year and a half before our loan finally went through. On June 31st, 2010 we bought our home one day shy of our 5 year wedding anniversary. We couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment