Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Putting away the pink!!




Yesterday was one of the best days of my life and also one of the hardest. Today I woke up so thankful to feel this baby moving inside of my belly. He was kicking and wriggling all around. I've never cherished those little kicks as much as I do today. It's still a little odd to be calling this baby a boy, when I've "KNOWN" without a doubt for so long it's a girl. So today I'm putting away the pink!! Or at least most of it, I might keep out an outfit for the hospital. I wanted a daughter so badly but all those feelings have melted away and are replaced with such an excitement for this child.


I am SOOOO overwhelmingly lucky to be able to be a mother to these two boys. We're getting ready for Rhett Nicolas Andrews. I'm looking for matching bedding sets for the boys room and planning where everything will go. I can't wait to hold him in my arms, he is my little miracle. With a happy heart today I am clearing out the closet of pink, lace, ribbons and dresses. Chase is thrilled and already talking about buying bunk beds for the boys, I keep trying to explain Rhett is a little young for that. You can't put a newborn in a bunk bed!


What I know about this baby is he is stubborn. Absolutely stubborn!!! He refuses to cooperate when I try to move him from a painful position nor will he cooperate with the doctor or ultrasound tech. No matter what they did to move him around for a better position to make sure he is a boy, he refused. He kicked them away, and hit the ultrasound probe. He even put his little hand down there and covered himself when he finally moved into a semi-useful position.


Years ago my best friend Dixie was getting ready to have a baby and she was working on meditation to prepare herself for labor. So when life seems to be a struggle or I can't sleep at night because my mind won't turn itself off this is what I do.


I imagine myself going into an elevator and watching the doors close. (Now most of you don't know this but I am TERRIFIED of elevators, you always see them drop during movies and it freaks me out that I might get cut in half when I leave or enter. So my elevator is FANCY. It's help up by a million cords and there's no way it can fall. Otherwise this meditation might turn into a panic attack!)


So the elevator doors close and I see that I'm on the 10th floor, I feel the elevator descend and I fell as I go down floor by floor. I count down the floors 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...1. The doors open and I'm standing in a beautiful meadow in heaven. I'm dressed all in white and I always see the same scene. The sun is shining there are bunnies and butterflies and even little woodland creatures all around. In the middle of the meadow is my family, they are having a picnic. Two little boys dressed in white are playing with wooden swords. Two beautiful little girls dressed in white are playing with their dolls and having tea parties. A smaller boy is flying a kite and is so animated waving hello and my handsome husband is holding a baby daughter on his lap. I spend time loving each of my children, kissing them, tickling and playing with them, picking daisies with them and watching them play while Chase and I rest under a tree. I have such peace in this place. This is my heaven. It has never felt closer then it does today.


I cannot wait to hold each of children in my arms and right now I can't get them here fast enough. I am dreaming of getting pregnant again and imagining how long it will be until my home is full. All I wanted all of my life is to be a mother, and I think I've taken it for granted these past few months of pregnancy. No more. I will give every bit of myself that I have to be a devoted mother and wife. I will not hold back for being the mother they deserve. I will show Heavenly Father how grateful I am and never let my children forget they are all my greatest blessings.

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I know that I only know you cause I went to school with your husband. From reading your blog though it feels like I already know you but I still don't know you all that well. I would love to meet you and get to know you better someday. You just keep inspiring me, which is really a good thing. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nik! You're truly are amazing! We really should get together this summer and let the boys play, when you're not too busy! Know that I'm thinking of you, and praying for your cute little family! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA!! Too funny you remember that. I wish I had a "like" button on your blog post to click.

    ReplyDelete