Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crafts





Let's face it, we all knew I was dying for a girl when I got pregnant with Ruark. Don't get me wrong I LOVE Ruark, but I was not in love with the idea of having a boy and giving up all those beautiful ruffles and bows. I took a girls outfit to the hospital just in case and kept receipts for boy items so it would make returns easy. Then I had Ruark and fell in love, and I have loved every moment...

However I am still holding out hope the next baby will be a girl. I have bought lots of girls outfits and have planned out most of the nursery and home changes when the time comes. I am praying that we are able to get pregnant with a healthy beautiful baby the next few months and I always add a little "if it can be a girl too, that would be great" in my nightly prayers...I don't care if it's right that I ask, I just do.


I am starting to prepare myself that I very well may have a boy next which would mean it will be at least another 3 years before we get another chance to try again. So I have decided to put away all the little girl crafts and focus on all the boy stuff I have lying around, for now. This is a very new decision so we will see if it lasts.


Last year for Ruark's birthday I bought fabric for blankets, I make blankets every winter. Last year I bought enough fabric for 3 baby blankets, I finished one but the other two were stuffed in the closet to await when I had more free time...

Last week at conference I finally had a chance to pull out the blankets and get to work. I finished one of them, and plan to finish the next one (It's a big project) by this weekend. I am so excited to finally have things being accomplished. Ruark LOVES his new blanket, I kept finding him carrying it around with him while it was still stuck with pins. He cuddled with it on my lap while I did the binding, and tonight he's happy as can be that it's finally done.

No comments:

Post a Comment