Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Going Home






Recovery after the second baby is SOOOOO much easier. I felt better the next day then I did my entire pregnancy. It was great. The first night in the hospital was GREAT. Rhett slept great. Chase and I watched a few episodes of Glee via Netflix on our laptop and then headed to bed. A few seconds after laying Rhett down he started laughing and giggling for a good 10-15 seconds. It was the sweetest sound. I couldn't help thinking that was directed at Chase and I because we thought he was going to be a girl. Oh we love and adore out little Rhett.
We headed home 48 hours after delivery. We had been there for 3 days between labor and recovery and were ready to be home. Rhett checked out at 5 pounds 8 ounces and a perfect bill of health. We were told not to pass him around because it burns too many calories and they wanted him to save his energy.
Ruark was so happy to have us home and to have his baby brother. He held and loved him, kissed him and then ran outside to play with his dad. We spent the next week inside of our little bubble before Chase headed back to work. Life is wonderful with two little boys. Rhett looks so much like Ruark did as a baby that sometimes I feel like I have gone back in time. I can't wait to see them grow up together! We feel so blessed for two happy and healthy boys!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Nicole. He is adorable, as is Ruark!!

    ReplyDelete